For maximum impact, it's best to integrate your TV and digital marketing campaigns. TV advertising continues to be a powerful marketing medium, and when combined with digital capabilities, the results can lead to high ROI. In a marketing campaign study, integrated strategies reached 67% of the audience, whereas those that depended on one avenue alone sometimes saw only 6 -7% engagement.
The key benefits of combining TV and digital marketing include:
- Amplifying your reach. A unified message that is spread across both TV and digital has the potential to reach more of your target audience where they are, in the way they are most receptive to receiving it.
- You can create different types of content for different channels. As long as your message is consistent, your TV ads do not need to mirror your social media ads. This is your time to get creative. Work with a media partner to develop content that appeals to members of your target audience.
- It leads consumers from one platform to another. A successfully integrated campaign will escort consumers from television to social to OTT and back again. Give your audience an incentive to follow you on Instagram, for example. This leads to more engagement for your brand across multiple channels.
- It adds more touchpoints. Advertise where consumers can engage with your brand, like social media sites, television stations, your website, etc. The more touchpoints the audience is presented with, the greater the likelihood of conversion.
- Trust and credibility are increased. When you share useful content with your audience, you establish yourself as an authority in your industry. The more places you advertise, the more lives you get to touch.
Your marketing should all work together to keep your audience updated, informed, and entertained.
Tips for Integrating Your Marketing
Effective marketing integration requires paying attention to which channels are most popular with your target audience. In addition to TV, one or all of the following avenues can be integrated into your marketing plan for greater ROI.
Social media platforms are an excellent place to test visual content before it airs on TV. Measure audience engagement to determine which spots are more likely to get a reaction. Use social to further emphasize the messaging you're placing on TV or repurpose previously aired television content.
Email messaging continues to be one of the most cost-effective forms of marketing with the potential of reaching a high number of consumers. Fifty-nine percent of marketers report that email is their top source for a solid ROI. Use email to send out updates on your original ads and to keep customers in the know about sales and other topics pertinent to your business. Leverage targeted email marketing to follow-up with your audience after an initial engagement.
When you work with a media partner, you gain access to their extensive email list and their expertise on best practices for reaching out.
Over-The-Top television is programming received via streaming services. A call to action can be added so that your target audience can take action directly from the ad. Your media partner will have insight into the streaming services your target audience favors.
One of the most attractive features of digital marketing is that it allows you to retarget your audience using responsive digital ads for mobile, tablets, and desktops. It serves as a follow-up for TV ads that remind your customers of previous ads they may have seen. For those who prefer to get their content digitally, it lets them engage with your brand where they are.
Because more people are watching TV and OTT services and using social media, integrating your marketing across all these platforms is the best opportunity for maximizing ROI. Your media partner can guide this process to help you streamline your marketing efforts and develop an effective strategy for reaching your target audience.